Macro guy wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

UK, but I expect others have something similar:

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-r5/

To be honest it doesn't say much!

It doesnt sound like the 8K is gimped though:

Commit your best work to stunning 8K video and relish the prospect of exciting new possibilities for creative capture. At such a high resolution, EOS R5 allows you to fully expand the genre of filmmaking and explore dynamic new ways of telling your story.

It's marketing speak, but they do make it sound like 'proper' 8K. I do very little video but the idea of shooting 8K and cropping to 4K in post sounds very appealing. I think it's more important to have very, very good 4K though.

I never understood this obsession with video on a still camera. If you want proper video implementation, then why noy get a proper video camera? Video on a still or hybrid camera will always be compromised.

It's perfect for people like me who would never buy a dedicated video camera, but like to shoot the odd bit of video now and again. I still want decent quality when I do shoot it, and nowadays that is increasingly likely to mean 4K.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow