Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Tim O'Connor
Tim O'Connor Veteran Member • Posts: 5,482
Re: Not competition to A9/A9II

joger wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

You can assume there will be some element of hype to the specs though - Sony do this as well, like the rather useless (IMO) 240mp mode on the A7RIV.

Well - the images are much cleaner and the color saturation is higher and the noice almost completely fades away at base ISO.

In case you do product photography or architecture and some limited landscape photography you might find it very attractive.

I did some initial tests and the results are not mind blowing different but very visible in my own tests.

The question is whether the huge data amount is justifiable - since storage prices only go down there is no negative side to it.

I did already 15 shots with my Tilt and Shift lenses on my 5D II and the results match single shots on my A7R III

( just ten years earlier in time )

It's not like it doesn't work, but the circumstances where it can be used are so limiting - other manufacturers have much more useful image stacking functionality, and Sony's feels a bit halfhearted compared to the hype.

-- hide signature --
 Tim O'Connor's gear list:Tim O'Connor's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D500 Sony a7R IV Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow