EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ahaslett
ahaslett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,825
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Raist3d wrote:

ahaslett wrote:

I guess it depends on whether you compare a top-end MFT camera with a lower level camera from APSC or FF; also whether it's mirrorless or not matters to some of us.

Fuji is doing an APSC camera top tier that is in the same tier. The X-T3 right now. The X-T4 in about two weeks.

If you don't care about body size, then there's the G9 or a lot of DSLRs to choose from.

If you don't care about lens size and cost, then there are options with a larger sensor.

I'd say Olympus have made sensible choices in a tough market and produced a decent successor to the EM1.2. If the 12-45 Pro is really a Pro that matches the 12-100 in IQ, then the combination with a mk III EM5 or EM1 is a good package for some of us.

I really think the little lens is a star of the announcements.

The EM1.2 is a pretty good camera for a lot of what I shoot and I just upgraded from the EM1.1 at an attractive grey-market price. I can't see Olympus producing a body optimised for landscape; shame, as the 12-45 might be the ideal lens.

So, likely to upgrade to EM1.3 in 2-4 years and confident to buy MFT lenses, knowing it's there. The new processor had better have improved the AF, at least by firmware 2, otherwise Sony beckons, now that Tamron are producing affordable lenses at a weight I can carry.

Andrew

I could be wrong butt seems to me you would be happy keeping your EM1 MK2 and just getting the new small zoom lens.

I see that my post was clear, although I'd have to see an advantage over the 12-40 Pro that I already have.  I like the EM1.2, so I expect I'll like the EM1.3 later.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow