Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
joger
OP joger Veteran Member • Posts: 5,813
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

juanmaasecas wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

juanmaasecas wrote:

I will be switching for sure, I just wanted an Eos R with ibis, so this one is even too much for me. Let’s see how The R6 is, or I will just wait one year for the price to go a bit down and more lenses (let’s see if samyang releases my 85 1.4 for the RF mount) come to the system.

*joke alert* *joke alert*

But who will complain about Sony skin tones when you move to the EOSR forum? We have lost GrapeJam already...:)

On a more serious note I cant see any third party AF lenses coming out for a long time - but who knows?

Hahaha even if I don’t post, the forum will be full threads of people complaining about Sony colors from time to time, don’t worry. And look at the comments in the news of the announcement in this web: a lot of people praising canon colors.

but you guys Sony experts here are all color engineers and don’t have any issue with the colors, I understand 😊

and about third party lenses, samyang has already ported their 14mm af, so I think it’s a matter of time. And Canon will be releasing cheap and good lenses like there are for EF mount. Already available 35 1.8 with is and “macro”, soon the new 24-105 super dark but at 400usd price (this means, when people sell it ouf of their bundle most probably you can get one for 100usd), and I’m sure soon canon will release cheap 50, 85, etc.
So far I only need an 85 that’s better than the canon 1.8 and not too expensive, as I’ll keep using my Tamron 17-35, my sigma 35 art, my canon 70-200.

I am sure most know this video - some ignore the results though

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R III Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow