Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
OP Louis_Dobson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,514
Re: Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Yeah, I need PDAF.

929406 wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

as someone who hasn't any Oly cameras at present it has one thing that Oly cameras rarely have. A sensible launch price. Still a bit pricey but in 12 months time it will be much closer to £1000 and with the never ending promotions that we have I expect some decent deals before then. Whether people think it is worth paying considerably more than a G9 probably depends on just how good that HHHR proves to be.

I do like some of the features of the MK3 and was close to pulling the trigger on the 1X a month ago but decided to hang on to see what features they would bring over to the MK3. Overall, it was more features than I thought, the EM1.3 is essentially a 1X in a smaller body minus the specialize AF modes.

Trouble is that I am getting pretty much all the said features on my G9 with better video capabilities, bar starry night and bulb mode. I can do HHHR on the G9 and mode 2 cuts out many of the moving subjects, is is quite incredible. PDAF is a definite advantage of the MK3 though.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

Louis_Dobson's gear list:Louis_Dobson's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow