Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
929406 Regular Member • Posts: 284
Re: Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

as someone who hasn't any Oly cameras at present it has one thing that Oly cameras rarely have. A sensible launch price. Still a bit pricey but in 12 months time it will be much closer to £1000 and with the never ending promotions that we have I expect some decent deals before then. Whether people think it is worth paying considerably more than a G9 probably depends on just how good that HHHR proves to be.

I do like some of the features of the MK3 and was close to pulling the trigger on the 1X a month ago but decided to hang on to see what features they would bring over to the MK3.  Overall, it was more features than I thought, the EM1.3 is essentially a 1X in a smaller body minus the specialize AF modes.

Trouble is that I am getting pretty much all the said features on my G9 with better video capabilities, bar starry night and bulb mode.  I can do HHHR on the G9 and mode 2 cuts out many of the moving subjects, is is quite incredible.  PDAF is a definite advantage of the MK3 though.

929406's gear list:929406's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic S1 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow