Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 40,447
Re: Where have you been? :-)

Andrew Butterfield wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

I have been thinking about the new camera. I think it's ok. I think the main issue is that this is the model we are stuck with for the next 3-4 years... and some parts already look a bit meh.

And Fuji still has to drop their bomb in two weeks.

The XT4 could really take the shine off the EM1.3, such as it is.

I feel a bit sorry for Olympus, especially if Fuji can match their standard of image stabilization. That would be a big problem. They'd lose their main USP.

The USP more than IBIS should be size. If I was Olympus besides that nice new zoom, I would re-issue all the smaller primes in weather sealed form.  The lenses are still somewhat smaller than the Fuji primes (though not by much).  And then bring on their standard telephoto pro lenses for weddings, events, etc.

They need to show clearly why their system being smaller has its advantages. I think Olympus Usa is doing a bit better than they used to in this area.

The F1.2 primes don't make a good case here.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow