Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,560
Re: Return to focus madness - RX10M4

Horacecoker wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

cheddarman wrote:

hwvlover wrote:

cheddarman wrote:

I am also still (but not so many) focus. Had a rare chance to photo a Tree Creeper today but...........so where did this focus?? Could the gentleman with the super software have a look please?

It was only six meters away and had the focus square right on it, I thought 😱 From the camera JPEG Fine.

That is a nuthatch rather than a tree creeper. Gorgeous little birds both.
Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

DOH! Of course it ism, but it's still out of focus!! I saw a thread the other day where someone pointed us to a program that would highlight the points of focus but I can't find it???

I looks a bit like the camera has focused on the lighter patch on the right side of the tree. That seems sharper than the nuthatch, but with spot focus right on the bird, I can't understand why that would happen.

It hasn't happened the area you refer to is just as unfocused as any other part of the tree. Are you actually looking at the image at 100%?

Thanks David, your comment prompted me to take a closer look. I agree the lighter area is much the same as the other parts of the bark, although I still think the bark is a little sharper than the bird.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow