Specs or performance, which is most important?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 4,521
Re: Specs or performance, which is most important?

Denjw wrote:

I see a number of improvements/additions which will make the EM1.3 a more well rounded camera than the EM1.2.

But performance is the overriding factor.

For me its the performance in the AF system which will be the key to whether I consider it a worthwhile upgrade.

Olympus continually pump up the AF performance when they release each E-M1 iteration.

From Olympus press release:

"High Speed Sequential Shooting

"This camera is equipped with 121-point all cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor for tracking subjects across a wide range quickly and accurately. AF information from recorded images is also used even during sequential shooting, more easily tracking subjects that move unpredictably. It offers 75% vertical coverage and 80% horizontal coverage of the screen for a wide focusing area. Paired with the advanced AF algorithm, this feature can continually focus on fast-moving subjects with a high degree of precision. Unlike DSLR cameras, there is no degradation in AF precision when using a fast lens."

I look forward to reviews confirming this but I fear it will still lag behind other format mirrorless competitors like Sony.

Read the existing reviews of the e-m1mk2 it is identical spec's.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Olympus E-PL8 Olympus E-M1 II +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
chp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow