First People pics with Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 DG DN FE lens / A7r III .... Parts 1 & 2 & 3

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ronfab1 Contributing Member • Posts: 658
First People pics with Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 DG DN FE lens / A7r III .... Parts 1 & 2 & 3

PART 1

I thought it was time as she does ballet, jujitsu, softball and anything and everything she tries physically, very well .... to surprise our 7 year old granddaughter 2 days ago with her first kid sized basketball and a pair of Shaq model (she said first "straight" shoes) basketball shoes and a trip to the park up the street with really nice outdoor hoops area. Under the pretense of a picnic, playing some long catch and she could play on the nice equipment they have there for kids. She had never done a thing with a basketball on a court anywhere.

The lens arrived from Adorama a week ago after order it mid December. Love everything about it.

This next photo after only 8 or 9 tries was her very first basketball shot through the hoop, though the angle in the pic looks tough where I caught it. She has the size and strength already, when she musters up the coordination part to easily get it up there from around the position in the key in the photo above. Or closer in. Not sure what I caught her doing there above, but definitely we have the left hand on the ball normally to just help guide the shot. In that first half hour.

And the nicest one I liked over in the playground equipment area .....

To do something nice for them in reciprocation I asked the father to give me his email address which he texted to my phone and told him I would send him some photos of them. These below are my favorites of those.

PART 3

Back home for a game of catch.

Above edit with the basketball pump. A nice "gauge" on it. Not garage. LOL.

ronfab1's gear list:ronfab1's gear list
Sony a7S II Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +3 more
Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow