Welp, no 6K in the X-T4 it is.

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
GossCTP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,082
Re: Welp, no 6K in the X-T4 it is.

Miguel-C wrote:

I wouldnt say its mainstream, 4k monitors are still niche and mostly used by designers and creators. I dont know a single person with a 4k monitor. Many Netflix users use lower resolutions, same thing for youtube.

I have a 4k monitor. My ~7 year old video card handles it ok, though not for video. The monitor wasn't too expensive, though i can't remember what I paid.

There are tons of people consuming 4k content, but i wouldnt assume its the norm.

Then we have the added costs of computer upgrades, if you are a mac user very likely you need to upgrade your laptop entirely. Extra hard drives, extra cards, extra everything.

Mine works well enough for now. I'm shooting 4k for the baby, but it's more for keepsakes than worrying about editing. By the time I do any of that the kinks will be worked out and the hardware more reasonable.

-- hide signature --

"Law and order" is anathema to liberty and justice.

GossCTP's gear list:GossCTP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow