Welp, no 6K in the X-T4 it is.

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Senior Member • Posts: 1,454
Re: Welp, no 6K in the X-T4 it is.

Fuji Maine wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Although I'm happy enough to see a new battery i guess, the XT4 seems to be little more than a XT3 with IBIS which I was specifically hoping the XH2 wasn't going to be. That's all assuming that the XT4 has the same great five stop Ibis system as in the XH. If it's a smaller three stop system on XT3 hardware than this camera is about to be an absolute garbage fire.

Unless it has some truly competitive specs/features, it will be interesting to see how initial sales go, given Fuji's new reputation of dramatic price reductions over time. Fuji will be proud that they managed to squeeze IBIS into an X-T-ish body, along with a better battery, but there may be a premium to pay for that R&D. If however, there's a new camera, sensor, etc on the way for 2021, how many people will buy this camera at the outset, knowing that six months later Fuji will likely start reducing its price? It's a precarious market for all brands right now. If they don't price it aggressively it may very well become a repeat of the X-H1 debacle. 
Getting my bowl of popcorn ready...

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow