EM-1 Miii: Fairly disappointed, but might still give it a try

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
007peter
007peter Forum Pro • Posts: 12,612
why (waste money) flying journalist to Costa Rica, why not buy New Sensor?

MrALLCAPS wrote:

mrwho27 wrote: I have to say I am quite disappointed that they went with the same old sensor (image processor does not seem to provide any gains either)

So Olympus showed their hand with the EM1X, EM5 MkIII and now the EM1 MkIII.

Not a good hand at all, unless your looking thru the eyes of an Olympus faithful. Moving forward, unless they improve specs, it will only look worse, not to mention, what about the competition and their response to this EM1?

Yeah....that is the Big Problem. Fuji XT-4 is coming in February 26:

https://www.fujirumors.com/exclusive-fujifilm-x-t4-annoucement-on-february-26/

Its rumor to have IBIS as well.  While I'm not sure if XT-4 will hav a new sensor, its 26mp sensor in current XT-3 is already Head & Shoulder above the 20mp M43 sensor.   The price will likely remain the same $1499.  If so, that is under-cutting the new $1800 Olympus EM1-III by $300.  Like Olympus, Fuji don't own sensor plant, Fuji has to buy sensor from Sony like everyone else other than Canon.

There are also the exciting Canon R5 and the cheaper R6 fullframe coming.  Both Sony A7 IV and Canon R6 are rumor to be price around $2000, so the HEAT is on from the competition soon.

What i don't understand is that if Olympus can afford to fly many online Journalist to Costa-Rica for an Olympus EM1-III preview, then Olympus has the money to

• ORDER A NEW SENSOR from SONY
  • Why not give m43 what we really want?
  • why keep giving us GIMMICKS?
  • why waste money flying journalist across the world?
  • I would rather have the current EM1-2 with a new sensor without gimmick, then this EM1-3 with an old sensor but tons of gimmicks.    

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow