EM-1 Miii: Fairly disappointed, but might still give it a try

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 15,026
The EVF is seriously a very huge disappointment.

I have the Em1.2 and as it is I think that EVF is worse than the one I have in the GH4 (at least optically). The sensor....well I think the sensor is alright. I have little to ask for and handheldhires, for my kind of shooting, seriously diminishes the need for a (much) larger sensor.

The AF+tracking has not been enhanced I have seen in reviews, which is the second thing that in three and a half years time should be a lot better. But as it is nothing much has changed.

The rumours have it that Panasonic si coming with new models this year. Given what we have seen recently (G90 and GX9) we can expect these models to be GH6 and G10. So for the G10 I have my hopes it wil deliver what EM1.3 did not, but then again looking at GX9 and especially G90 I am not so sure.

We have two manufacturers but even that advantage in the end leaves something to be desired lately: both just do not push the limits like some others do. Both seriously lack on some important points compared to the competition...A bit sad.

On the bright side: I have no real need to replace the Em1.2. so I can wait until they get their act together.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow