Lens for Landscape photography for Sigma sd Quattro H

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,587
Re: Lens for Landscape photography for Sigma sd Quattro H

Shahrooz51 wrote:

Hi,

I'm a Sony shooter but very impressive with Sigma sd Quattro H for my landscape photography. I would like to request if anybody share the experience on this particular camera and the lenses that I can use for my landscape photography.

Thank you.

For the H, I really like the 14mm f1/.8 for a wide lens.  And also, for some reason the old 8-16mm seems to suit it well, though it's not as sharp as the 14mm.

For a longer lens, the 100-400 is pretty excellent - I have the 120-600 sport, but the 100-400 is very nearly as good and much smaller.  All of the long primes are also really good if you prefer primes.

For something in the middle, the 70mm is really good, as is the 50 - for a zoom I really like the 50-100, though that lens is not as sharp across the frame so if I use that I usually let it fall back to the Q resolution.

I also have the 18-35mm but I don't feel like that takes best advantage of the H resolution, though it's really good at the Q resolution.

For a full resolution mid-range lens, the 24-35mm f/2 is really excellent.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mk7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow