Pentax K-New (upcoming APC-S flagship)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 1,434
Pentax K-New (upcoming APC-S flagship)

So, seeing how big of a “meh” the entire internet seems to be giving the release of the Nikon D6 and Olympus E-M1iii, how little room for error must there be for Ricoh/Pentax to absolutely hit a home run on the K-New?

Believe me, I am saving my money to see what it is, and regardless of the internet reaction will likely buy it, but man, for Ricoh/Pentax, they have to be terrified by what they read about the reception of phenomenal cameras like those. Basically cameras are at the point where most of us could never possible use all the features they contain, but the saturation level of the audience to be impressed by new things... just seems like the bar is so, so high right now.

Even the Fuji X100v seems to be falling on some deaf ears, because the existing line is already SO GOOD

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow