a6600 + MC-11 + Sigma 150-600 C

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OI812 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: a6600 + MC-11 + Sigma 150-600 C

Pantani99 wrote:

I’ve been using the Sony a6000 + MC-11 + Sigma 150-600 C for the last couple of years mainly shooting air shows and wildlife. I have been getting decent images but the focus has always felt a bit hit or miss, often hunting for a second or two and not holding focus so I get a few sharp shots with out of focus interspersed.

Recently I bought the a6600 and decided to go shoot some wildlife last weekend. I updated the lens and converter firmware before I went and noticed that the latest MC-11 versions said that my Sigma lens is now supported. It always worked but I guess it’s now officially supported.

Wow! I don’t know if it was the firmware update, the new body, or a combination of the two, but the AF was instant. Switching back and forth between BIF and closer objects it just snapped into focus. It was incredible. I didn’t experience focus hunting once.

I’d recommend this combination to anyone. I can’t wait until this year’s air shows start.

Thanks for the info!  I was looking at getting that lens for my new a6600, glad to hear that it's working so well.

OI812's gear list:OI812's gear list
Sony a6600 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow