Using Fuji lenses for astrophotography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 15,266
Re: Excellent! Thanks!

tradesmith45 wrote:

Glad to help, thanks for reading.

BTW, every look at Alan Dyer.? I got to him when he posted recommended post processing for the total eclipse but didn't find his approach as effective as I was hoping.

In any case he does ALL his astro w/ near full moon light. Made me realize how slavish we can be about dark sky - and we are certainly blessed w/ lots of it here in the PNW. Still, moon light - good clouds - interesting foreground can yield very interesting images. One of my all time fav aurora shots has near full moon in it w/ reflections off the ocean w/ well lit mountains.

Cheers,

That’s a very good point and well taken.  Some of this is simply due to “having a new toy and really wanting to play with it” as in the astro tracker I recent acquired.  Beyond that, you’re quite right, not every opportunity requires darkest possible skies.

One of these days before too long, I’m going to plan a return trip to Alaska to visit with my daughter, who lives up there.  I’ll time it for Spring or Fall for best opportunities to catch an aurora.  My last visit was spectacular from that standpoint and combining it with some great landscape scenery can make for a truly epic shot.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow