Amazon and the availability of the P950

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mcbrig
Mcbrig Veteran Member • Posts: 3,653
Amazon and the availability of the P950

Sorry to start a new thread about the P950 but....

Interested to know how many people ordered the P950 from Amazon and the status of their order?

I pre-ordered the P950 on Jan 7th at that time Amazon said release date would be Feb 6th, I am sure many others received an email saying that hey you are going to get the camera sooner than expected, your delivery date will be Feb 19th or similar, WOW the release date is the 6th and lucky you, you will get it the 19th? Many other major and some minor camera suppliers have them in stock now and are shipping now.

I called Amazon today and asked, you say you have P950's available with delivery as soon as early next week, what about mine. I was told, granted it was hard to understand what they were saying but bottom line was canx your order and re-order or it could be 2-3 months before you receive yours, at this point I just hung up, it did not make much sense what I was being told.

I have ordered almost all my past cameras from Amazon and have been very pleased with their service but this does not make any sense.

Yes I could order from B&H etc. but singed up for and Amazon credit card to get $70. bucks off, guess I will just cut my losses and order else where.

Never bought from B&H any comments on their service?

Mcbrig's gear list:Mcbrig's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon D7500 FastStone Image Viewer
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow