Olympus 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 on a Panasonic GX8?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MtnBikerCalif Regular Member • Posts: 216
Olympus 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 on a Panasonic GX8?

Are their any complications or downsides to using the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 on a Panasonic DMC GX8? I am mostly using the Panasonic 14-140 f/3.5-5.6 but need a weather proof lens for an upcoming trip.

The longer reach appeals to me for birds. I'm not a serious birder but still take photos of them. The 12-200 will be heavier and not itself be stabilized. Not sure what the quality differences will be due to the lens itself and loss of some stabilization. The camera of course has stabilization.

Of course I'd like higher quality than I'm getting now but not willing to change lenses during shooting and add more weight.

If I had purchased the lens a year later I would have the weather proof Panasonic and saved myself this decision. But my older 14-140 had died (this is my third µ4/3s body—salt water is probably the cause of their demise).

Thanks for any comments.

MtnBikerCalif's gear list:MtnBikerCalif's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow