Is a Sony A7 the right choice

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kim Are Gabrielsen Forum Member • Posts: 89
Is a Sony A7 the right choice

My Nikon D7000 have died. And I'm in the market for a new camera. I have both the Nikon 17-55 and 70-200VR and a couple of flashes.

Surely the easy and somewhat sensible choice would to buy new Nikon D7xxx body.

But at times I find the Nikon bulky, and as the kids have grown up I don't use the 70-200VR as much as I did when they as active in sports.

So it seems sensible to consider my setup. And a mirrorless would be a chance to get a lighter setup.

I've been satisfied with the quality of the pictures of the D7000. Do I surely don't need a FF camera, but with a FF sensor could get away with the 24-105/F without loosing the advantages of 2.8 on dx. And a7iii with 24-105/4 is smaller than D7500 with 17-55 and have more reach.

https://camerasize.com/compact/#777.681,711.322,ha,t

Surely the Sony would be more expensive, but I guess the Sony A7 I or II both would be great upgrades from my D7000.

If I buy into Sony I would still like to have a long zoom, currently the FE 70-200/4 is out of reach. Is there an adapter which could make the Nikon 70-200VR useful? As it's the first version it have it's limitations. I'm actually a bit sceptical. Maybe the vitage Minolta beercan is a equally good option?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow