Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
firoze
OP firoze Regular Member • Posts: 190
Re: Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

Johan Borg wrote:

firoze wrote:

Interesting that for travel you prefer to carry the DP2 which has a 50mm FOV. Do you not find 50mm too tight as a travel focal length? What type of travel photography do you do - landscape, architecture, or street/people?

A bit of everything, really, but I'd say the choice is more a personal preference for normal lens aesthetics than guided by subject. I'm afraid the world will remember the 2010s as the decade of distorted faces thanks to wide angle phone cameras.

The original DP2 had a 41mm equivalent lens, while the newer DP2 models (yes, including the Quattro!) are a bit tighter at 45, but both are equally close enough to the "perfect" normal lens of 43mm. I rarely find it too narrow outside, but indoors I often find myself pressed against a wall

Wide and ultra-wide are the trend now, but like fashion which keeps going back and forth, maybe in a few years normal and short tele may come into vogue. There is a lot to be said for the normal perspective of a 40-50mm lens.

firoze's gear list:firoze's gear list
Sony RX100 Leica X Vario Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow