Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
firoze
OP firoze Regular Member • Posts: 198
Re: Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

xpatUSA wrote:

firoze wrote:

Johan Borg wrote:

Sure!

I've used various Sigma DP cameras for travel since the DP2 in 2009 followed by a DP1s, DP2 Merrill, DP3 Merrill and since 2014 a dp2 Quattro. Most of the time as the only (dedicated) camera, sometimes with an RX100, but the Sony tends to stay at home now that smartphones have improved in both low light and video quality - the weak areas of Sigma.

Interesting that for travel you prefer to carry the DP2 which has a 50mm FOV.

He does not carry a DP2 - which is a different model with 41mm equivalent focal length.

He carries a dp2 Quattro - which is 30mm actual focal length, equivalent to 45mm.

Sigma names their cameras variously using upper or lower case and there are actually four different models starting with caps "DP2 ..." so your comment above is confused.

Nobody here except me cares that much about naming Sigma models - it gives us something to do trying to work out which is meant, by it's context, but youcommitted the cardinal sin of leaving out "Q" or "q" whichever.

Pardon my cynicism ...

I meant the dp2 Quattro with this 45mm lens.

Thanks for pointing out Sigma’s naming nomenclature, I hadn’t noticed the lower case /upper case naming. 

firoze's gear list:firoze's gear list
Sony RX100 Leica X Vario Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow