Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,980
Re: Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

firoze wrote:

danski0224 wrote:

firoze wrote:

Thank you for that advice. To protect the highlights, would it be advisable to set the exposure compensation to -0.3 ev? Many Bayer sensor cameras benefit from this setting, so am asking.

Pretty sure that there isn't a "rule of thumb" that applies in all or most situations.

I'd wach the live histogram and get as much exposure as possible.

It's just something to be aware of, not to worry or obsess about.

Understood, thanks.

I agree with Dan. For information, I recently checked with Sigma what type of ISO sensitivity they use. Answer was: Recommended Exposure Index (REI). See here:

http://kronometric.org/phot/std/DC-004_EN.pdf

That means that shot of a neutral surface taken in AE without EC will give you Sigma's idea of what is best for the camera/scene. Meaning that number could be high or low. My DP2 shoots a bit low (114/255 in sRGB)... my DP2M shoots a bit high (133/255) ...  what a Quattro gives, I have no idea.

The other type, Standard Output Sensitivity (SOS), defines 118 but there is also about a 10% margin. In other words your camera's ACTUAL ISO could be anywhere from about 90 to about 110, i.e. +/- 0.15 EV.

-- hide signature --

SOS dit-dit-dit dah-dah-dah dit-dit-dit ... --- ...
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow