Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 27,092
Re: Would a DP0 or Dp1 Quattro be suitable as an only camera on vacation?

firoze wrote:

jande9 wrote:

I took my DP2M as my only camera on one trip to the UK. I go often so I thought that the discipline would be interesting, like travelling with a fixed lens Rollei 35 film camera.

It did not turn out well. I found that there were too many situations where the Sigma couldn't cope with the conditions. Church interiors, wedding parties, deep forest walks.

Now I always take another camera in addition to the DP2.

A good phone might suffice for you, but your RX100 seems to be the ideal general purpose travel cam. I borrowed my son's for one trip and used it a lot for my travel snaps.

Jan

Thanks, I did suspect indoor shots would not turn out well with the DPQ. As you say, my RX100 could come to the rescue in those situations.

A table-top tripod can be very handy in such cases. And the dp0Q accepts the Sigma remote control cable, which is an excellent gadget. A tripod also allows you to save the special bracketed HDR files called "SFD Mode" (see the Additional Info" PDF). SFD gives good results inside churches, for instance.

I suggest downloading the manual to help you decide.

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/download/cameras/brochures-manuals/#dp

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow