SD Q Colour

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 16,462
Re: SD Q Colour: The Colors I See

richard stone wrote:

cliffordjnr wrote:

incidentally i did notice the colours from my quattro h where different from that of the dp quattros i have (0 and 1). i dunno why? maybe its the lens combination (i dont know). i had a 24mm art lens on it and ended up selling them in favour of the dp cameras.

i would say the quattro h had a more saturated look overall with the same settings. this could be all smoke and mirrors though because i didnt do direct testing or anything like that.

i would also say that the dp0q renders better than the dp1q, but that is probably down to the lens.

cheers

I would not criticize you in any way for simply relying on your impressions in such matters, because doing a well controlled test is not easy at all and is subject to too many (confounding) factors, as I see it. And in the end, it almost all comes down to what you like and what you want from the cameras you own.

And who cares which one is objectively "better?"

Me

-- hide signature --

RawDigger - don't leave home without it
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow