Lens for Landscape photography for Sigma sd Quattro H

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 15,022
Re: Lens for Landscape photography for Sigma sd Quattro H

Hi Shahrooz,

Welcome to the Sigma Camera Talk Forum!

I have a Sigma SD Quattro H, and I shoot landscapes with it. I can tell you that I use a variety of lenses, but the lens I want to get most is the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art. The photos I have seen from that lens show the lens to be a good landscape lens. I plan to get the 14-24mm f2.8 Art to compliment the 24-70. With those two lenses and my 70-300 OS, I think I will have a good kit. I can tell you that I do like to shoot at 10mm too though, using my 8-16mm lens. If you are a wide-angle lover, like me, please keep that lens in mind. It is not as sharp as the Art lenses, but it is a lens that lets you shoot photos you could not shoot with other lenses. Here is an example:

. . . and another:

Here is a photo I shot with my 70mm f2.8 EX macro (my best Sigma lens):

I wish I had the 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art when I was shooting in the Apalachian mountains last autumn. Oh, well. I still was able to get some decent photos, I guess.

Here is a landscape photo I shot with a longer focal length, using my 70-300mm OS lens:

ALL of those photos probably need to be edited (enhanced), before printing or posting on my website. I'm a bit picky with regard to posting new photos. I want to make photos that are better than what I've made before, and it's much more difficult for me to be happy with my landscape photos lately. I don't think that's a function of my Sigma cameras, because I feel the same way about the photos from my Nikon D810 too.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mk7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow