Test Sigma DP 0.5 Quattro

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shawn67 Senior Member • Posts: 2,283
Test Sigma DP 0.5 Quattro

Just picked up a used DP1Q and will be testing this combo out as a way of being either  21mm or 28mm FOV.

Ricoh GW-4

Very early testing so far but it doesn't seem to increase vignetting. The DP1Q corners were already weaker and this seems to accentuate that a little more. Rest of the image looks fine with this on. Planning on mostly 21:9 with this so that is less of a concern for me. I'm leaving the step down ring on all the time as it doesn't effect anything.

Initial impressions of the DP1Q are interesting. AF speed is workable, DNG write times are around 7 seconds and the buffer works like on the sdqh in that it can shoot while writing which is good. Grip is awful and I don't like the positioning of the Focus button as it is too easy to switch focus modes. Shame there isn't an extension half grip (like what Sony has) to extend the length of the body under the grip so you could hold the camera with a full hand. That would have made it much more comfortable and able to be used single handed. The LCD viewer is nice and gives a large image to compose with.

Shawn

Sigma dp1 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow