Should be pretty obvious now about Olympus

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
neverendinglight Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: New, shiny objects

Rich K wrote:

At the risk of offending the OP and most likely all of the world's population under the age of 30, I would like to suggest that OP and many others are afflicted with the I-Phone Syndrome. The primary symptom of this affliction is the need to replace your current shiny object with a newer shiny object. Whether or not the new shiny object has any practical benefit is immaterial, it's simply the possession of the new, shiny, added features, however unlikely to be used, that's the important point.

When it comes to camera gear I finally came to the hard realization that I only use about 30% of the features available to me. Improving my photographic skills would either require a serious upgrade to my ability to visualize images, or the camera's capacity to overcome the laws of physics. I'm sure some of you find you are limited in some way by the equipment, and congratulations to you for your skill and expertise. But I'd also wager that the vast majority of us fall into my category where new gear is mostly GAS, rarely resulting in a noticeable improvement in the images produced.

So strange to find that on a "gear" forum.

neverendinglight's gear list:neverendinglight's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow