All in on P950

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonChic
NikonChic New Member • Posts: 15
All in on P950

After years work, etc... I’ve finally started birding again with a vengeance.  So naturally, I want to capture some of the species that I observe.  But, having owned everything from the D4S to D7100 t0 D800 and D500 at various times, I just don’t want all that weight anymore, besides the fact I’ll be lugging about 9 lbs. of scope and tripod.

After spending much time reading, researching and speaking with people, it came down to the Sony Rx-10 iv vs. P1000 vs. P950.  I really did love the specs on the Sony, but its years-old tech that is in need of an upgrade.  And it’s expensive its purpose.

The P1000 I’ve messed around with a bit, and it’s bulky and heavy.  I don’t think I really need the 3000mm reach - I’ll have my scope and plan on practicing some digiscoping - and the timing of the P950 could not be better.  Most of my photography work will center on close-up warblers at the Biggest Week in Ohio, and songbirds in other places.  I’m placing my order with B&H this afternoon, and and pretty stoked!

-- hide signature --

"There is no try, only do..."

Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow