M10 Monochrom Interest?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Zacarias Junior Member • Posts: 49
Niche among niches

RSColo wrote:

Two weeks ago Leica announced the Leica M10 Monochrom camera. This camera has the largest sensor of any M Leica ever. Without the color filter over the sensor it is even higher resolution than a color 40mp would be. It isn't an existing camera with a psychedelic paint job endorsed by Paul McCartney. It is a major step forward.

So far, on this forum, there is a thread about the great review by Jono Slack and a thread started by me asking about availability (still haven't found one). That's it. There is a related thread about a possible new color M camera with the new Monochrom's sensor. But no posting of more images or members talking about the great new features or the important features that are missing. Granted, a discussion about the high price on this forum would probably be re-redundant again. But there is very little about this new camera.

Why? Is a camera that only takes B&W not very interesting? Is the fact that this is the third camera in the Monochrom series mean it is unimportant. If this was a new Q or the new white version of an existing lens there would probably be more conversation. It just seems strange to me. Of course I am biased being a big Monochrom fan. But I thought there would be more.

Leica knows this very well and they are masters at maintaining very limited and hard to find inventory to keep the price of admission as high as their tiny market share will bear. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Thankfully for us mortals, Jono Slack is well placed at Leica and is always first on the scene with very pleasant reviews of all Leica cameras and lenses that nobody else on the planet can get their hands on.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow