Bluebird doing some house hunting

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Chrisinhouston
Chrisinhouston Regular Member • Posts: 417
Bluebird doing some house hunting

I'm headed to my granddaughter's JV soccer game in a bit and was getting gear ready. I usually shoot her playing with my Canon 7D MkII with a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens but today I wanted to bring my new Canon R as a backup for closer shots. I put a Tamron 70-200 G2 on it with the dedicated Tamron 1.4 teleconverter.

Thought I would slip out into the back yard to test the R and that lens and noticed an Eastern Bluebird on a small bird house hanging from a tree in my garden, first time I have seen one here.

So I took some shots and was quite pleased.  I did enlarge them some in ALR, recropped and added a few finishing touches. Luckily I had just set my R with a Custom mode for sports so I had it on C1 which gave me a 1/2000 shutter speed, AI servo focus and high shutter burst.

Just before the bird departed I switched to my 7D MkII and the last one was taken with that, I include it for comparison.

This was shot with my Canon 7D MkII with a Tamron 150-600mm G2 version lens.

-- hide signature --

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham

Chrisinhouston's gear list:Chrisinhouston's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero5 Black +29 more
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow