Flickr: the Beginning of the End??

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
bigfatron Contributing Member • Posts: 777
Re: Flickr: the Beginning of the End??

CMCM wrote:

pocoloco wrote:

Hope it survives... using it is as an online foto album. Easy to show others the images, on computer, phone or tablet.

That's what I do with it, and I like having it. I can set up family albums and then send links to family members, that kind of thing. I also like that it identifies the photo number, and much of the exif data. For me it's not about sharing anything publicly. I'm not sure what else is out there that would serve the same purpose. Flickr is very easy to use, too.

I was a long time flickr subscriber (since about 2006) but dropped it last year.  All my stuff is now on google photos for half the cost of flickr (I bought 200GB of cloud space so everything is full resolution).  I've lost the community/totally public showcase aspect of flickr (still kept a free account for uploading small amounts of stuff) but for sharing with family/friends or showing people on my own devices i'd argue its actually a superior platform.

bigfatron's gear list:bigfatron's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow