Ricoh GA-1 Lens Adapter for GR III - Bayonet

Started May 14, 2019 | Photos thread
OP Ishpuini Veteran Member • Posts: 6,249
Re: Ricoh GA-1 Lens Adapter for GR III - Bayonet

Bulat1983 wrote:

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the ga-1 adapter. What I'm interested in is the total size (thickness) of the camera with the adapter and 49mm filter. I'm wondering if how much bulk it will add. I've read that grIII are sensitive to dust on the sensor - I'm wondering if the ga-1 with filter could help in that regard.

It doesn't add much. This image (I googled it) could give an idea: https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2019/06/P1011624-630x420.jpg

Add the filter thickness to that. Though still a compact setup, it's no longer really pocketable with the adapter and a filter. I've used the GR III several times with a filter, esp for IR or ND filter long exposure photography. I works nice, though I used a 49mm lens cap on top of that to protect my filters. Easy to fit in a small bag, but not in my trousers' pockets.

I'm no sure the GR III would benefit from just using a filter to keep the dust out. I've taken my GR III into pretty harsh circumstances, and I didn't get any dust inside so far. Though I must say I keep it in a small camera pouch between shots and I only took it out to shoot.

Also, have you encounter heat issues? Warm or hot camera...?

I did experience this when I first started using the GR III, but then I adopted the habit of shutting off the camera between shots. The GR IIIs start-up time is so short that turning on the camera while moving it up in front of you has it ready to shoot by the time you're looking at the screen. I didn't have the heating phenomenon any more.

As usual, for both points, a lot depends on subject and shooting style

hth, Wim

-- hide signature --

Antwerp, Belgium, GMT+1

Ishpuini's gear list:Ishpuini's gear list
Ricoh Theta S Ricoh GR III Pentax Q Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-3 II +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow