Performance of a9 focusing stopped down in AF-C in low light?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
vett93
vett93 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,867
Re: Performance of a9 focusing stopped down in AF-C in low light?

Sentenza wrote:

aSevenArr wrote:

So... I suggest that you simply try follow this query link here on YouTube - loads of videos exist on using the A9 in low light (or try your own A9 in dim rooms/cupboards):

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sony+A9+low+light

Show me ONE video, just one, that adresses the topic discussed here. The topic is not "Using the a9 in low light", the topic is "Using the a9 in low light at smallish apertures and for moving subjects".

This topic is blatantly ignored all over Youtube by all the youtubers/influencers/ambassadors/whatever.

I have watched the above video from Mark Galer a few times. I think he basically said "don't do that" in that video from my interpretation.

I have shot a few low light events in the last 2 months and had to experiment a number of options. It was stressful when you pressed the AF botton and it did not lock focus...

For the lens to open wide to AF and then stop down, the lens cannot have focus shift problems. I don't know if Sony lenses are up for this type of application.

-- hide signature --

"Keep calm and take photos"
Photography enthusiast, from 12mm to 600mm

vett93's gear list:vett93's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a6500 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow