5D.M4 with Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 S

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ilumo Regular Member • Posts: 176
Re: 5D.M4 with Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 S

ikolbyi wrote:

Recently purchased Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 S for my 5D.M4. The Sigma lens is running latest 2.01 release.

I noticed all of my pictures are front-focusing using a single focusing point. The focus point is on the subject face or torso yet the lens focuses in front of the subject slightly. I emailed Sigma and they asked me to send the camera with the lens to them for calibration. I'm not really open to sending that much equipment in blindly by US mail.

Through the USB dock I configured one of the C1 settings but made no changes to any of the focus distances. I retried the lens and the miss focusing significantly improved.

My question is if you have this setup, did you have to customize your focus settings and if so, what settings did you use?

have you tried using live view focusing to narrow down if its something due to the lens, or PDAF or some combo?

ilumo's gear list:ilumo's gear list
Sony a7R IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow