Bought 1st ever DSLR, Question about lenses

Started Jan 28, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe23 Forum Member • Posts: 56
Bought 1st ever DSLR, Question about lenses

Hello forum,

I bought my first ever DSLR, a Fujifilm X-T3 and it came with a kit lens, XF18-55mm F2.

I really like this camera and have been studying as much as I can on DSLRs, functions, features, settings etc.

I'm more a video guy than a photo guy so that's why I went with the X-T3 as it has some of the best video options on a mirrorless DSLR.

I read that the XF18-55mm F2 is a great lens for video because it has built in OIS, and the X-T3 doesn't, and many other fuji lens don't have OIS.

No matter, I plan on using a gimbal (deciding on either Ronin or the Zhiyum Crane Plus, the M2 is not able to handle the weight of the X-T3 + lens on some features).

What I'd like to know is what what lens is a good match for my XF18-55mm f2?

Meaning, I don't want to overlap and buy a similar lens as the one I already have.  I'm wondering what lens would be best to give me options that the XF18-55mm f2 doesn't.

I'm not sure if I've done my homework correctly, but I'm mainly looking at the 35mm F2

and the 90mm F2.   I've heard great reviews about the 90mm f2 for portrait shots and wonderful bokeh, so I think a nice telephoto lens like this would be good for me since the XF18-55mm is more an all around general lens and good for video.

The 35mm F2 I heard has the fastest autofocus and versatile for almost any kind of photography, and quieter focus motor than the 1.4.

As for a zoom lens, it's either the 50-140mm (huge lens) or the smaller 50-200mm lens but has more zoom.

Any other tips? I want to add probably 2 more lens to my collection along with my current XF18-55mm f2.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow