Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Started Jan 25, 2020 | Discussions thread
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 2,289
Re: Why you need different "system"?

DMKAlex wrote:

I can see a certain lens is more specific for a certain type of photography. But why do you need a different system?

Are you sure you're don't mean that you "want" different system because #1. you have money burning hole in your pocket, #2. you are a gearhead enjoying massaging your camera body and lens instead of the image?

The pareto rule, a single system does 80% of my needs.  For the most people I don't see it as a requirement.  I am not made of money.  We can get different to kit out my cameras differently.  If I didn't start with a dSLR 20yrs ago I prob may had just gone with MILC.

You can use a crop sensor camera system or a FF system with some lenses and maybe 1 or 2 small primes to go lighter.  Other times to go even lighter you could just use a phone or a compact camera I esp like the large sensor compacts.

I suppose one could have a FF system and then a crop sensor system with a few lenses for travel and also a compact camera.  I have other priorities.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow