GFX 100 IBIS Must be "Off" On a Tripod

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,268
GFX 100 IBIS Must be "Off" On a Tripod

The past couple of evenings I have walked around Luang Pranang, Laos with the GFX 100 around my neck and the 32-64 mounted with the RRS travel tripod in my hand. I forget sometimes to turn off the IBS when tripod mounted, so I walked in this temple and shot a long exposure on the tripod, because I was alone in there and decided it was OK to use a tripod.  Most of my shots inside these temples have been hand-held at higher ISO and F4 wide open with that wonderful GFX 100 IBIS.

Here I shot two shots.  The first was with IBS left on - the second off.  At 1:1 you can see how blurry and ghosted the first shot is.  With the GFX 100 on a tripod leaving IBIS on causes blur so don't make the mistake. This is just one example. I noticed this many times.

I shot these two shots at about 6 seconds, F11, Base ISO, about 40mm. F11 because there are a lot od deep detailed objects in the alter and I wanted them in focus.

The first shot is blurry (IBIS on). The second shot incredibly sharp.

I have not been able to post GFX 100 shots because my Wifi is slow. I have posted some shots in the GFX 100 SE Asia album in Flickr. There is also a Leica Q2 SE Asia album of shots taken with a much smaller camera! 👴

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow