My 5DIII let me down...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KAISERPHOTOGRAPHER New Member • Posts: 17
My 5DIII let me down...

Hi, just to share my pain and hope you can help me.

This weekend my companion for over 7 years has let me down, my 5D III died on me.

For over many years, shoots and family events this camera was my go to, for roughness and fullfillment will using it.

Saturday evening took it for a walk on to the woods, when I got it out of the bag, nada, zip, dead,

ok

maybe it's the battery, at home will try other couple of batteries (always used it with a grip). So I had to use my other baby (my new to me 1DX II).

At home was going like a mad men.....

Battery out, charger, cable, outlet, ba ba ba, ah ok battery was indeed depleted both of them, took another one in, nada.

Silence flood the room, was panicking a little bit, removed the grip, remain the same.

Googled it, PCB board dead, I felt empty on the inside, but ok, then another search and found out about a battery for the date/time, run like hell to the next dollar store, bought one, tryied and again no success.

So I made the choice to leave it up and send it to canon for diagnostic.

Maybe was the jealousy for the 1DX, one will never know, this things might be temperamental at times.

Sorry for the long story but helps me out to share this event with other lovers of the craft.

I think it might be something expensive and might not be benificial to repair and invest instead in a newer model that might be released this year.

What do you think?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow