Setting standard for zoom lenses

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
RhonaldJR
RhonaldJR Regular Member • Posts: 102
Setting standard for zoom lenses

After so much of thought (and discussions on the forum), I bought this lens (coming from GF 45mm f/2.8 and GF 63mm f/2.8). My main requirement was to get a single lens which gives the quality of both GF 45 & 63, but marginally wider to capture grandeur of Albertan landscapes in the coming years.

Despite its size (well, when you buy into large format, this cannot be a negative), this lens did not disappoint me, both in quality and portability. I use it for both portraits and landscapes. I generally shoot portraits at F/4 and hence the lack of additional light did not bother me. It zooms outward.

I recently tested this lens for over an hour in -30, then few hours in -15 and it did not disappoint me.

The weather sealing was great and kept the gear going during the snow (and no aftereffects).

I would definitely recommend this lens for landscapes and portraits, along with the other primes.

-- hide signature --

Take a deep breath before pressing that shutter release button, it helps.

RhonaldJR's gear list:RhonaldJR's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +4 more
Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 R LM WR
Fujifilm G
Announced: Jan 19, 2017
RhonaldJR's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow