Why are the colors in my image different in Lightroom and the exported photo?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
sankos Senior Member • Posts: 2,370
Re: Why are the colors in my image different in Lightroom and the exported photo?

kkoo wrote:

I don't understand why the colors are different in the Lightroom preview and the exported photo. I googled this and read that Windows photo viewer isn't color managed and tried IrfanView which has a setting for color management. No difference at all. And I haven't enabled any profile in Lightroom either, I have calibrated my monitor but shouldn't that be a global color change on everything?

While Windows Photos (the app you show in your screenshot) doesn't respect your monitor profile no matter what you do, Windows Photo Viewer should be able to use it (but it doesn't like LUT+matrix profiles so you'd have to make a 1-curve matrix profile). For IrfanView colour management to work, you should install the plug-in pack. I don't remember if IrfanView accepts LUT+mtx monitor profiles, but I remember that FastStone Image Viewer also has problems with them.

Personally I use XnViewMP, which doesn't have any problems with LUT/mtx profiles and it shows my images like other colour-managed programs (Lr, dt, RT, Affinity, etc.).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow