Just bought an Oly 12-40 f2.8 and Panasonic 7-14 f4.0

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 20,413
Just bought an Oly 12-40 f2.8 and Panasonic 7-14 f4.0

Used, and so far, they seem like good purchases. However, I've been looking at the filter situation. and I want a polarizing filter for at least the 12-40, Looking for suggestions less than $100 US.

Also, Amazon has a filter adapter listed for the 7-14. Does anyone have experience with this device? Amazon Listing HERE

Just to complicate things a bit, the lenses came with a no-name flat glass (plastic?) filter set that looks like a Cokin clone. The seller couldn't remember the name as he got it as a gift. It doesn't look like it's been used at all, but NONE of the filters are marked as to what they are. Most are obvious, but the ND filters all look alike to me. At least enough to make it difficult to know what their strength is. I guess I could test them but it sounds like a lot of work. Would you sell them, use them, or just buy something new?

For those wondering, the lenses are not too big or unbalanced for my E-M10 I and E-M10 II. I've been worrying about it since I plan on buying either the E-M5 III or the E-M1 (II or III) in the near future and worried about the size and weight of the lenses on the smaller E-M5 body. My fears have been put to rest.

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +13 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow