Pitchford Hall at the Great Central Steam winter gala.

Started 3 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stuburu1 Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Pitchford Hall at the Great Central Steam winter gala.

Plenty of enthusiasts ready for action! V3,30-110 vr.

I awoke to a morning of slate grey victorian sky so it had to be a day that photography might have to be involved but hey it`s the winter gala at the G.C.R. with around ten steam locomotives being involved two of which are guest engines one of those being Pitchford Hall.I have been waiting an age to see this one in steam as it has just had a complete overall at Loughborough and after the event it will be returned to Essex and Onger.

I remember standing on this very spot as a kid many years ago and on most days you could hear the sound of an engine leaving Loughborough station.As it got nearer and louder the excitement to a boy was intense and then it appeared but then the notebook was at the ready instead of a camera to quickly scribble the number and name (if it had one) down and hope that it was a new one to add to the list.To be honest that feeling never leaves an enthusiast and so it was on this occasion. V3,30-110 vr.

What a sight with new gleaming paintwork and interesting to see it in post war black that was used from 1945-49 instead of the beautiful green and gold of the great western railway. V3,30-110 vr.

This was one of many locos built at Swindon works with this one being of 1929 vintage at the cost of £4,375.00,a bargain when you think that the overall at Loughborough cost £400,000,just put it down to inflation! V3,30-110 vr.

As you can imagine the event was well attended with enthusiasts present from all over the country and plenty of images taken with the mighty 1 system.One thing that I do notice at events like this is that most visitors are armed with very modest camera and video equipment with most of the conversation being about what they have come to see,very refreshing.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow