Different approach to universal lens

Started Jan 27, 2020 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Petr_79
Petr_79 New Member • Posts: 7
Different approach to universal lens

I wasn't interested in such a lens in the past, probably because there weren't many of them. Now I have this lens from Tamron for half a year and sometimes its a tough decision what lenses will be mounted on my D750, this one or Tamron 24-70/2.8 G2. The G2 is much better build, but I find that for casual use the 35-150 is much more flexible. For casual portraits and when I don't want to carry much weight, it's a excellent combination of features, performance and price.

If I go to shoot an event, I usually pick 24-70 and 70-200/2.8, if I'm into serious portrait, the 85/1.8 or 105/2 will do a perfect job. But other than that, 35-150 is the lens to be mounted and ready on my camera. It's not small or light, but being the only lens I'm carrying, it very doable (maybe accompanied by small 20mm or 24mm prime to cover wide scenes). There are also more universal lenses like 24-200 or more, but that's to much compromise for me. Some people complain the focus ring is being rotating during focus, but that's no problem for me, as I usually hold the zoom ring.

Thanks Tamron for making this lens, it has everything that's really important and some other features are omitted for sake of good price. It would be nice if it has internal zoom, silent motor, non rotating focus ring, constant aperture ... but then it will cost a double and I wouldn't probably be enjoying it at all.

Petr_79's gear list:Petr_79's gear list
Canon G7 X III Nikon D750 Nikon D780 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD
Telephoto zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX) • A043
Announced: Feb 20, 2019
Petr_79's score
Average community score
Nikon D750 Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow