Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Started Jan 25, 2020 | Discussions thread
Franglais91 Senior Member • Posts: 1,074
NO. Almost..

Malsam wrote:

I’ve been shooting Canon for the most part of my photographic life and now that I’ve turned into a hobbyist rather than a earning for a living, I have since switched to other more practical systems.

Not sure does others feel the same, but if you shoot different genure of photography and have been enjoying and demanding about it, its practically not that possible to stick to 1 system. For the most of us, we pick the one that we enjoy the most and compromise the others.

Do you guys miss a past system that you have given up for your #2 or #3 genure for your photography? Eg. I’ve missed my Canon tilt shifts and Fujifilm SOOC jpegs for fast social sharing.

Back in the days of film I had a Hasselblad for high quality, a SLR for most things and a Leica for lightweight travel. I used to maintain three sets of incompatible lenses. My flash gear use to work with all systems but with today it would all be incompatible.

Today I have standardised on a FF camera plus a careful choice of lenses and bags which allows me to do everything rather well.

I have maintained a couple of extra "systems":

- high-end smartphone for snapshots which I use a lot off-duty

- high-end pocketable compact (Sony RX100) for very discreet reportage (camera club meetings). I might switch over to the FF system as it can work in Silent Shutter mode

-- hide signature --
 Franglais91's gear list:Franglais91's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow