sony a7riii with flash

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dball329 Junior Member • Posts: 46
sony a7riii with flash

I love the rear lcd preview on Sony cameras.  Except when using flash.  With the trigger on (Godox Xs-pro), the screen brightens up beautifully.  The end result, however, is nothing like the "preview" the back of the camera gives me.  It is a complete hindrance to getting a decent shot for me.  I want to expose for ambient and then add flash once I get the ambient exposure down.  This seems impossible using the sony system.  Using flash makes me miss my D810.  It is really frustrating.  Am I missing something obvious?

Is there a way to turn this feature off so I can properly expose for the ambient light and for the camera to essentially ignore the fact that I'm using flash, at least as far as the preview goes?  The work around I'm using is to turn the trigger off to expose, and then turn it back on to get the shot and ignore the back of the camera.  This seems a little absurd.  There's got to be a setting or something I can't find, so I'm hoping someone can help me.  Thanks in advance!

dball329's gear list:dball329's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow