New VERSION 2 for topaz denoise AI

Started Jan 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
OP CrisL Senior Member • Posts: 1,053
Re: New VERSION 2 for topaz denoise AI

CrisL wrote:

CrisL wrote:

It looks people has some trouble with the update. I always prefer to use the standalone we are limiting the possible troubles.

Finally I am finding my problem with differences between the preview and the exported file is probably coming from the default update of the preview and not the file ,my last tentative was OK with the preview updated correctly and the same result inside the exported file but still annoying. because I have a pretty standart PC configuration and never troubles with the graphics so for now I assume the installation created some trouble with my graphics display Let's see if everything stable now after the second reboot following the new installation.

Still curious to known what others think of the new features with this version 2.0.0 after you solve the installation problems.

OK now I am pretty sure there is a problem in the way the Auto and manual Preview update is working sometime it works as expected sometime not and not predictable for me. When not working you need to switch Auto and Manual mode to get the true result on the preview . So a pity not possible to use it as it is . Interesting if somebody can confirm ?

After answers by AIDon Don Moderator on topaz forum .

For TOPAZ users interesting to known that my problems looks coming from graphics memory management

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1060 with 6BB memory . Looks enough for me up to now

To solve my Erratic Preview update issue I had to switch the preferences either to

GPU and Low memory consumption

or CPU and OpenVino

I have another issue with the resulting picture exhibiting a pattern of  square artifacts only with the Denoise AI model and not with the AI Clear model

It looks this artifact  appears only with  GPU processing (right) and not with CPU OpenVino(left) mode as we can see on this screen copy

So my feeling is the Version 2 is interesting but still recquiring some refinements in order to inspire confidence

Left  cpu openvino  Right GPU

zoom on square pattern with Denoise AI on GPU

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow