Wildlife pictures from yesterday at Wako

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,230
Wildlife pictures from yesterday at Wako

I decided to go to the beach to check out an art festival yesterday, then head up to Wakodahatchee wetlands. After having lunch at the festival, I headed up to Wako, and just as expected, Justin was out there. It was one of those 74 degree days that had to be spent outside! We seem to have these kinds of Festivals every month and ususally close to the beach. After awhile, they all pretty much seem to look the same, but it's nice checking out the beach, listening to the live bands, etc...

I got there pretty late in the day, so decided to practice some BIF shooting, since I really need the practice! It was a very sunny clear day with only a few clouds over the sea, so the light was pretty harsh at Wako. Some (most) pictures were taken very far away and cropped heavily.

Only one picture of the art festival at the beach, just to show what kind of fantastic day it was. This was taken with the Sony 18-135, my favorite every day walk around lens, I really like it!

A heavily cropped picture of an Osprey with his catch of the day.

Another pictures as it was hovering in the sky looking for that big fish.

The wood storks have finally started to nest. So far, there only seems to be half as many as last year at this time.

A couple of couples. When they are mating, you can hear them banging their beaks together, not sure why they do that, but at least it lets you know when they are doing "The Wild Thing".

A great white egret walking just below me next to the boardwalk.

This is the biggest gator at Wako. It's nice knowing you will not be eaten by anything else.

Ok, here are a few more BIF. Not many came out that good due to the light, expreme distances & of course my experience level.

A great blue heron just cruising along.

An Anhings flying by very fast.

An Ibis

Another Ibis

Another Ibis about to land.

Well folks, that was it from yesterday. I hope you liked one or two, and as always comments, questions or critique is always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow