Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Started Jan 25, 2020 | Discussions thread
Max Iso
Max Iso Veteran Member • Posts: 8,652
Re: Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Malsam wrote:

I’ve been shooting Canon for the most part of my photographic life and now that I’ve turned into a hobbyist rather than a earning for a living, I have since switched to other more practical systems.

Not sure does others feel the same, but if you shoot different genure of photography and have been enjoying and demanding about it, its practically not that possible to stick to 1 system. For the most of us, we pick the one that we enjoy the most and compromise the others.

Do you guys miss a past system that you have given up for your #2 or #3 genure for your photography? Eg. I’ve missed my Canon tilt shifts and Fujifilm SOOC jpegs for fast social sharing.

The answer is yes, absolutely. I have tried many systems quite a few times and every time i sold my old bodies. My most recent purchase i kept the old stuff as i decided i wanted to fill the gaps each can do well.

I have MFT with high end IBIS for handheld lowlight stuff in the tele or WA range. 3-5 stops of IBIS at 24mm FOV means you can shoot at like 1 sec or more easily, and IBIS benefits tele work for obvious reasons.

But now i have added my EOS M50 as my main body for the other needs like video, portraits and motion. I will eventually buy an older Canon DSLR for the times when i don't need the ML benefits (i actually prefer an OVF) as i will get to use my adapted EF glass my M50 already uses.

And who knows, even now the Nikon Z bodies are getting EF adapters lol.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow